Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Half Moon Horizon


                                                           half moon horizon
                                                    
                                                           head in hands

                                                           he listens to the hum of the refrigerator
                                          
                                                           her last winter coat 

                                                           still hangs by the door






4 comments:

  1. Your poetry has sweetened the tea I'm sipping on today, Teresa. I haven't had much time lately to immerse myself in your beautiful poems, so took what I could this morning and have been inspired by your words.

    Half Moon Horizon is so poignant it brought a tear to my eye and I sat here thinking of how the pull of the moon works its way into quite a few of your works. What a lovely book they would make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning, Penny. The moon does seem to play a rather important role in my life and poetry.
      What a sweet suggestion. Thank you. I will take it to heart. We shall see...

      Delete
  2. Poignant was the word I wanted to write too. And again echoing Penny I think that a book of your poems would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very encouraged by your sweet comment. I continue to give it serious thought ...

      Delete

When leaving a comment, Blogger requires you "Select a Profile." Please do so, or your comment will disappear into the ether...