Monday, August 3, 2020

A Small Bird

                                      ... near the river / just down from the abandoned foot bridge

                   ... black eyed susans grow wild

                                                        ... farther down / a small bird ... safe on rusting barbed wire


                                                                         
Written with Cletis L Stump

My friend, Cletis Stump, who introduced me to micro-poetry and whose poems I've featured here in the past, passed on a few days ago. He had been struggling with health issues for some time. I've not posted some of our collaborations, so to honor his memory and our friendship I'd like to post a few of them over the next several days. This is the first of them. Originally posted here:   https://latenightfootfalls.tumblr.com/post/63727836587/near-the-river

Photographer unknown

4 comments:

  1. Losing a friend always is hard. I'll look forward to remembering Cletis through the poetry you wrote together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, very much. I appreciate your comment. :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear that. Sounds like he was a good friend and will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rita. He was one of the best friends I've ever had.

      Delete

When leaving a comment, Blogger requires you "Select a Profile." Please do so, or your comment will disappear into the ether...