Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday Morning


                                           A big man with a big voice
   
                                           he rattled the rafters on Sunday mornings
                                
                                           til I thought Jesus would come down from the cross   
  
                                           I bowed my head in embarrassment for him

                                           and for my ten year old self

                                           who wanted to jump up beside him and sing

  
                                           How great thou art / How great thou art 

                                                                             




5 comments:

  1. Nice one Teresa. "How Great Thou Art" is my favorite spiritual song. No one did it better than Elvis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song and right after I wrote this, I spent some time driving and singing it wholeheartedly ... would love to hear that man sing it again ... no embarrassment at all ...

    Yes, Elvis did a great version...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful moments, and powerful words here, the best, no doubt, "he rattled the rafters on sunday mornings til I thought jesus would come down from the cross"! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

When leaving a comment, Blogger requires you "Select a Profile." Please do so, or your comment will disappear into the ether...