Thursday, March 26, 2020

Angels


                                                on my way home
                                                from an early morning
                                                run to the grocery store
                                                I think about the receipt

                                                $7.77


                                                a few minutes later

                                                I pull into the driveway
                                                and step out of the car

                                                above me

                                                seven trumpeter swans
                                                headed toward the river

                                                we live 
in the company of angels




Photograph by Peter James

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Rita. It was a memorable experience. Hope all is well with you and yours. :)

      Delete
  2. Dear Teresa, I have recognized the presence of angels for many years --ethereal, but more often not. When I gardened public places, my closing assignment lasted 26 years. When one of my younger children visited the campus, he heard deep musical laughter --a sound familiar and beloved. He asked, "who is that big lady?" I answered,"She is a campus security monitor. She helps keep Daddy safe at work." He asked,"How?"
    I simplified my reply down to the truth: "Because she is an angel." Then we all hugged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this beautiful comment and affirmation.

      Delete

When leaving a comment, Blogger requires you "Select a Profile." Please do so, or your comment will disappear into the ether...