Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Turning on the Evening Lamp

                                                               turning on the evening lamp
                                                               I pause to look around
                                                               pottery, art, photographs

                                                               books that helped me through

                                                               I am overwhelmed by the past
                                                               by all these people looking back at me

                                                               seeing now so clearly
                                                               everything is memory





Image: Mara Light

2 comments:

  1. Contemplative poem and I love the picture with it.
    Memories become even more important , it seems, the older I get. ;)

    ReplyDelete

When leaving a comment, Blogger requires you "Select a Profile." Please do so, or your comment will disappear into the ether...