Thursday, October 18, 2018

The White Rhinoceros


                                            On this cold november night darkness comes early

                                            calling for a quiet, solitary celebration: a hot bath, candles


                                            a glass of wine.



                                           the water covers me, my eyes close temporarily

                                           and in that brief moment, that transcendent moment


                                           I see a white rhinoceros.



                                           I don't know what it means. It doesn't matter.

                                           It only matters that I saw him.







12 comments:

  1. I love that you were given the vision of a white rhinoceros. Sending you a hug this morning, Teresa. K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely surprise! And just what I needed this morning. Thank you so much, Kathleen.

      Delete
  2. What a vision! I've always heard that white animals are sacred. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's my understanding, too. It was a moment I haven't forgotten, that's for certain. :)

      Delete
  3. One of the rarest of large animals is a fitting image for that setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I suppose it is fitting, yet, wholly unexpected.

      Good to see you, Terry. Hope you're enjoying the fall.

      Delete
  4. I've heard the rhinoceros is really a very gentle animal, but will defend its herd effectively when cornered. An albino rhino also rhymes with "I'll buy no rhino", which is a spiritual slogan protesting their exploitation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that spiritual slogan. I think it fits my vision. Thank you, Geo.

      Delete
  5. This is really divine. Very descriptive of a specific mood affected by the weather condition...and the white rhinoceros carries a message...and I believe, unknowingly, you will unravel the message soon. Mother Nature has her own ‘passwords’ for many things...perhaps rhino is one of them:). God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have so much to learn from Mother Nature. I try to keep my thought open daily for whatever messages She might bring.

      Thank you. :)

      Delete

When leaving a comment, Blogger requires you "Select a Profile." Please do so, or your comment will disappear into the ether...