Tuesday, December 7, 2021

The Week Before

   
                                                          the week before he died

                                                          he called and asked if I'd read him a poem

                                                          the poem I'd sent in a message the night before

                                                          the one that says, "no one you love is dying"

                                                          we knew it wasn't true

                                                          but I read it as though it was




2 comments:

  1. Dear Teresa, please excuse my tardiness in commenting. The poem you post here contains an enigma that has visited and revisited me for a month. I seldom encounter one like that and am deeply moved by it. You are exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you revisited and left a comment. Thank you. It's good to see you. Happy New Year!

      Delete

When leaving a comment, Blogger requires you "Select a Profile." Please do so, or your comment will disappear into the ether...