Monday, December 30, 2019

Canyon Road

                      ... canyon road / standing by your old red pickup                                                                                                              
                                        ... work gloves, a book about willem de kooning on the seat beside you

                           ... your fingers trace the childhood scar on my wrist

                                                                               



Photographer unknown

2 comments:

  1. There are scars that appear in a moment and others collect, like mine, after a half-century of farm and garden labor. I wear long sleeves now. One still seeks love. One still finds it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was from ironing at a young age. I wanted to practice. My mother was probably aghast that it happened but it's now among some fine childhood memories.

      And my Canyon Road memory is among my favorites, as well.

      Thank you so much for reading and commenting. :)

      Delete

When leaving a comment, Blogger requires you "Select a Profile." Please do so, or your comment will disappear into the ether...