Monday, November 25, 2019

Traveling Through a Snowstorm


                                 traveling through a snowstorm, my marriage
                                 almost over, I spend the night at a motel
                                 just off the interstate

                                 by the nightstand on a broken light switch cover
                                 a family prays at the dinner table

                                 I stare at the spot where a corner is missing
                                 the mother's head no longer there





Photographer unknown

6 comments:

  1. You really painted a picture and left us pondering. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is so interesting ...

      Thanks for commenting, Rita. :)

      Delete
  2. We can learn only so much about love from our parents. I am still moved by uncertainty. I learn. I learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time I saw life in more metaphorical terms ... It made me more aware.

      Thanks for commenting, Geo. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Purely metaphorical. :)

      Good to see you again. Hope all is well.

      Delete

When leaving a comment, Blogger requires you "Select a Profile." Please do so, or your comment will disappear into the ether...