Friday, December 13, 2013

The Picture


                              ... you take our picture while we're sitting on the steps of our first house

                ... my black corduroy bell bottoms / his horn rimmed glasses

                                                 ... our little boy between us ....... I'll have two more husbands after him

         ... your oldest son / not yet born ... will die in a motorcycle accident

                                         ... it's all there on those front steps / we just can't see it yet






Photograph by William Gedney

16 comments:

  1. Can't find the words like you can. These poems are beautiful and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. That is so nice to hear. Welcome!

      Delete
  2. It's better that we can't see those things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was particularly powerful. Gut wrenching at its best. Live ain't always grand but it sure is interesting, right? I'll be thinking about this for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting. It's very much appreciated.

      Delete
  5. Pretty deep thoughts. I love front step photos. My person favorite is one my mom took of me and my two older brothers with our baseball uniforms on with our dog Lucky sitting between us. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe in simultaneous "time." Or something other than time as we perceive it ... In a parallel universe we've been very good friends, I believe... our connection still strong ... That sounds like one great photo ... I can see it ...

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and commenting, Barbara.

      Delete

When leaving a comment, Blogger requires you "Select a Profile." Please do so, or your comment will disappear into the ether...